In The Schools
All children need and deserve healthy bodies to prepare them for a lifetime of good health. Habits formed today will influence children’s health for the rest of their lives. And a growing body of evidence shows that kids who eat well and get enough physical activity tend to do better academically too!
Healthy Waltham supports health in the schools in a variety of ways:
- We collaborate with Waltham Food Service to create a Vegetable of the Month program on school lunch menus
- We work with teachers to make curriculum connections around fruits and vegetables
- We have been able to support the installation of school gardens in three of the Waltham Public Schools (with more to come!)
- We contribute to the evolution of school wellness policies
- More details about these initiatives can be found in our posts to this website.